RECOGNIZING SUPPORTERS CAN PAY OFF FOR AN ORGANIZATION MANY TIMES OVER AND IN MANY WAYS.
Using a Donor or Recognition Wall is a great way to acknowledge and honor loyal sponsors, donors, customers, or other entities who have helped your institute to achieve goals and levels of success.
Planning for a recognition project can feel like a daunting process, especially for those who are new to the task. That’s why we’ve put together this cohesive planning outline to help you build from the ground up in honoring your benefactors in a meaningful way, and to help keep you in line with budget, schedule, and your overall project goals.
WHO OR WHAT ACHIEVEMENT LEVEL WILL THIS PROJECT RECOGNIZE?
If your main goal is to recognize donors to your organization, determining the following basics will go a long way in helping with early plans:
- Identification (naming) of your campaign and goal.
- Acknowledging whether your campaign will be capped or if it will be a general, ongoing fundraiser.
- At what level of contribution will a donor begin to be recognized?
- How many levels of contribution recognition will you create?
WHAT LOCATION WILL WORK BEST TO SHOWCASE DONOR LEVELS?
Once you know the campaign theme and which donors to recognize, the fun part begins! Before you plan much further, you will need to know where this project will be displayed.
- Location and exact space where recognition project will be installed or displayed.
- Identify your audience - who will be seeing your display on a regular basis?
- Recognize current design style of existing space – or identify and plan for what will be changed.
- Plan donor project design to complement the existing location or the changes you have planned.
THE SCALE OF YOUR PROJECT AND THE OVERALL BUDGET WILL TELL YOU WHICH MATERIALS ARE BEST.
When thinking of design, do you envision the project made from wood? From glass and/or metal? Are there image graphics or colors you’d like to incorporate? Looking into the costs for materials is an important step, as is determination of the following:
- What are the size restrictions of your project, based on the space and your budget?
- Will there be ongoing costs for campaign growth?
- What type of content will you include in the project components, and can it be printed or engraved?
- What overall “feeling” do you want to convey to people who visit and view the project?
HOW WILL YOUR CONTRIBUTION LEVELS BE DESIGNATED IN THE PROJECT DESIGN?
- As part of your plan, this is a major consideration. Donors will wish to be recognized separately, according to the amounts they have contributed. Your chosen designer can help with ideas on how to differentiate donation levels once materials have been selected.
- Will there be color designations to distinguish donor levels?
- Will separate components be made from different materials, different sizes, or simply different text font sizes?
DO YOU PLAN ON RAISING FUNDS FOR YOUR DONOR WALL PROJECT?
In some projects, principals focus attention on encouraging patrons to “purchase” recognition on donor wall projects. Compiling a list of past supporters and those you wish to pursue, and then contacting them using compelling stories and media can help you build the funds necessary to complete your project. This type of promotion should be done well in advance of other planning.
WORK WITH EXPERIENCED DONOR AND RECOGNITION EXPERTS.
If using our B. Gunther Recognition Walls department, you can be assured our experience will help you determine the best path in planning and completing a meaningful display that will honor your patrons and encourage future giving at the same time. With over thirty years of experience in the industry, the B. Gunther team at Awarding You has installed hundreds of projects of all sizes, types, and budgets. We can’t wait to help you, too. Contact the team here and share your ideas to get started on your own recognition wall project!