Our Favorite Quote Resources
Submitted on Thursday, August 8, 2013 - 9:37 am
You've probably already spent a fair amount of time picking out the awards that you want to include in your awards program. Now it's time to lock down what you want engraved on the awards. This is an important step in the process and sometimes an overwhelming one.
Here are some tips, ideas and a list of our favorite resources for quotes:
1, Start with an outline of the basics on each award category:
- Who is being recognized, including name and title?
- What is the name of the award?
- The name of the company, group, division, that is sponsoring the award?
- Time frame for the award (annual, etc)?
- Reason for the award (did they meet a goal, etc)?
2. Think about the organization's stated goals and guiding principles. These can often be found in copies of:
- Company mission statement
- Company guiding principles
- Annual shareholder's report
- Recent press releases
- Recently published brochures or sales materials
- About Us section of your organization's website.
3. Refer to famous quotes about topics that are are central to your organization like teamwork, customer service, or dedication to a cause. Some of our favorite resources for finding quotes include:
- Forbes Magazine article by Kevin Kruse: Top 100 Motivational Quotes.
- Popular Quotes from GoodReads.com
- Inspirational Quotes from Values.com
- Inspirational Quotes on SayingImages.com
- Many quote categories on TheQuotationsPage.com
- Lots of options on SeachQuotes.com
If you have any additional sources that you like, or are looking for some additional help on your awards, don't hesitate to contact our team today. We look forward to hearing from you.